Grievance Redressed Cell
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL (Estd. 2nd August, 2010)
It is good to air a grievance rather than to keep it bottled up. Protection of human rights is essential for all round development of an individual’s personality. To realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody, a Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted. The cell is indented to find solutions for problems like Sexual harassment – any kind of physical or mental harassment, Complaints regarding class room teaching – Class room management, completion of syllabus, teaching methods etc, If and when they arise. The Grievance Redressal Cell convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance.
OBJECTIVES:The objective of the Grievance Redressal Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the Institute. The objectives of the Grievance Redressal Cell are:
- To develop an organisational framework to resolve Grievances of Students and other stakeholders
- To provide the Students access to immediate, hassle free recourse to have their Grievances redressed
- To enlighten the Students on their duties and responsibilities to access benefits due under the policies
- To establish structured interactions with Students to elicit information on their expectations
- To identify systemic flaws in the design and administration of various general insurance products and to seek solutions thereon, and
- To institute a monitoring mechanism to oversee the functioning of the Grievance Redressal Policy
RESPONSIBILITY FOR REDRESSAL:
- The final responsibility for Grievance Redressal rests with the Principal of the College.
- The College expects that Grievance Redressal be time bound and result oriented. Every Grievance is expected to be resolved within a maximum period of fifteen working days.
- The Grievance Redressal Cell of the college shall monitor status and progress of Grievance Redressal and shall furnish quarterly report on Grievance Redressal position to the Principal.
PURPOSEThe Grievance Redressal cell of the college functions with the following purposes
- To ensure a democratic environment in the campus,
- To acquaint all the teacher-trainees about their rights and duties,
- To solve the various personal and educational related grievances of the teacher-trainees,
- To make the institution student friendly, and
- To ensure the qualitative as well as quantitative development of the institution through the grievance and Redressal cell.
The Grievance Redressal Cell of the college generally is having the provision of two/three teaching staffs as its member and the principal as the chairman. The cell is having the provision of being reconstituted every year if situation arises for so by the principal himself along with suggestions sought from the in charge administrative body. Care is taken to select staff members from each stream.
- Mr. Surmukh Singh, Assoc. Prof. (Incharge)
- Mr. Rakesh Joshi, Assist. Prof.
- Mr. Pawan Badhan. Assist. Prof.
- Ms. Navneet Kaur, Assist. Prof.
- Mr. Pritpal Singh, Assist. Prof.
The cell deals with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:
Academic matters (Resolved by Academic Council) Related to timely use of duplicate mark sheets, transfer certificates, conduct certificates or other examination related matters.
Financial matters: (Resolved by Management Committee) Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels, etc.
Library matters (Resolved by Librarian)
Accommodation matters: (Resolved by Chief Hostel Warden)
Other matters: (Resolved with the help of Grievance cell) Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, etc.
- To make all necessary arrangements for receiving representations/ complaints/ grievances from students relating to general administration, examination and evaluation and any other problems relating to the functioning of a student in the college.
- To examine the grievances
- To make necessary recommendations to the Principal
- To hand over the grievances relating to examination and evaluation to the Registrar (Evaluation)
In case of any grievance the members of the cell are empowered to sort out the problems at their level through discussion with students.
- In case the members fail to find out any solution then the matter is referred to the principal for final comment on the matter.
- Considering the nature and depth of the grievances due inquiry is made by the members of the cell and through personal discussion the matter is solved. If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance he or she is given punishment with due consideration with the principal. The nature of punishment includes verbal as well as written warning, information to the parents, financial punishment, information to the police (if situation arises for so) and expelling from the college as per the rule of the university.