Amar Shaheed Baba Ajit Singh Jujhar Singh Memorial College, Bela, Ropar came into existence in the memory of Sahibzada Ajit Singh and Jujhar Singh, the elder sons & the true disciples of Guru Gobind Singh, who laid their lives fighting the cause of religion, peace and independence at their tender age.
"Deh Shiva bar mohe-i-hai shubh karman the kabhu na taroo Na daroo ar siyoo jab jah laroon Nischai kar apni jeet koroo Ar Sikh hao apne hi man ko Eh lalch hou goon tau uchroo Jab aav ki audh nidhann banay Aut he rann me tab joojh maroo "
The college was inaugurated by the then chief-minister Mr. Giani Zail Singh on 6th February, 1975. The history of this college is very inimitable. The fort of S. Hardyal Singh Bela, the Sardar of Manauli, who belongs to the kin of Nawab Kapoor Singh, was rehabilitated first into school and then I into college. S. Hardyal Singh ji was a very religious-minded person who had also constructed the gurudwara Katalgarh Sahib at Chamkaur Sahib in the memory of the Sahibzadas Baba Ajit Singh and Baba Jujhar Singh.
The coeducational institution has proven as a boon for this rural and remote area. The environment of this college is highly congenial from the educational point of view.
The college is affiliated to Punjabi University and is running successfully various courses like M.Sc.(I.T.), M.Sc.(BioTech), PGDCA, PGDJMC, B.Sc.(Non Medical), B.Sc.(Biotechnology), B.Sc.(Computer Application), B Com (Professional), B.C.A., B.B.A., B.A. and various add on courses.
There are different items in the logo, which have a symbolic meaning:
- A chakkar which is circular .It represents the eternal nature of God, there is only one God ,never beginning and never ending .It is symbol of oneness of humanity.
- Two single edged swords are crossed at the bottom,one being Temporal power and the other Spirituality.
- In the centre burning Mashaal represents enlightment .It means knowledge is power.
- Equality, Liberity, Fraternity is inscribed on the symbol. By this the institute contributes to National Development by serving the cause of social justice,ensuring equity and increasing access to higher education.
- It is displayed on all official documents, college gate, banners etc.
- To introduce flexibility in learning techniques and to provide an extended range of academic disciplines.
- To provide education at affordable cost.
- To promote social, ethical and moral values of life.
- To stress upon personality development and leadership qualities in students by providing students activities, services and experiences.
- To foster religious and cultural values and to impart co curricular, theatrical, literary and sportsmanship skills.
TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH (Shabad)
Oh Lord, Shower this blessing Upon me that I may not hesitate partaking in noble deeds,
With no fear, and with fortitude I may enter the fight and seek the victory.
And then I enlighten my mind And be enticed to extol you.
As the life end seems nearer, I may jump the struggle and sacrifice.
In Punjabi Wordings
Deh Shiva bar mohe-i-hai shubh karman the kabhu na taroo
Na daroo ar siyoo jab jah laroon Nischai kar apni jeet koroo
Ar Sikh hao apne hi man ko Eh lalch hou goon tau uchroo
Jab aav ki audh nidhann banay Aut he rann me tab joojh maroo